Old 25-08-2003, 08:22 PM
Reka

Default Vanda in central europe

First of all, it's important to know the name of your Vanda. Is there a tag
with a name on it?
Secondly, most orchids may need a gradual increase in light so they don't
sunburn. Move it out into the sun gradually, increasing the hours (one,
then two hours) and the time (i.e. first morning sun, then gradually into
noon sun) of sun exposure.
Any more suggestions, guys?
BTW, you can write anything in German if you have problems with English. I
am the resident German translator. :-)
--
Reka (in hot, sunny, humid South Tyrol)
http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html
"Andreas Mueller" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news
Hallo all,

I have a Vanda here and I do do not know how to make her bloom.

I've read some information, that she needs lots of light and moisture.
Unfortunatly I do not know how to provie lots of light. I direct sun the
leaves get burned. I do not know how to solve the problem and why she gets
burned at all, as she is supposed to get lots of light. I've seen
fotographs where a Vanda was exposed to direct sun without any problems.

She is growing like crazy, new roots and leaves, but no blooming. I
suppose it's because of lack of light. But it's a dillema, because she
gets burned when exposed to sun.

Can someone provide some advice? How to get a Vanda to bloom in central
europe?

Thanx in advance,

Andreas

---