Old 25-08-2003, 09:42 PM
C.Swartz

Default Remove Grass or Kill it????

In article ,
says...
I have an area in the shape of a strip with a few trees and shrubs and would
like to eliminate the grass that fills in the rest of the area and cover with
mulch. Do I have to remove all the grass or can I kill it off instead? Thanks
for any answers.

If you do decide to kill the grass, look for a product that contains
glyphosphate. It breaks down quickly so it won't work its way through
the soil and possibly harm the trees and shrubs. I believe Round-up
contains glyphosphate.

I recently did 500 sq.ft. Killed the grass, layed a weed blocker fabric,
and mulched. Looks much better.

-Chris Swartz