Old 25-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Bob Hobden

Default Tomato blight; so much for Bordeaux!

"Pam wrote in message ...
Today I have found some of my tomato plants have blight. So much for
spraying 3 times with Bordeaux mixture! This is the 5th year running
I've had blight but at least this year I have had some fruit. Now I
have to "bin it or burn it". So frustrating. I use a different part
of the allotment each year. I think next year MUST be a "no toms"
year. Potatoes are all up and OK.

It's always worked for me Pam, perhaps you grow susceptible varieties e.g.
I've noticed Roma is more prone than some other varieties, indeed it's the
only one of mine that has ever got blight despite spraying with BM.
There are some resistant varieties (in France) and I'm trying one called
"Ferline" this season obtained through "The Kitchen Garden". So far all I
can say is it's an excellent large Tom, makes a wonderful sauce, and I don't
intend spraying BM on them, just to see.
Next time I'm in France I shall certainly be on the lookout for more
resistant varieties.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars, there's bugger all down here.