Old 26-08-2003, 03:33 AM
Martin

Default Vanda in central europe

Vandas are heavy feeders Try using 20-20-20
half strength twice a week also ocassionaly use super bloom evvery third or
fourth time at half strenght as well. they should do well under 50% shade cloth

Hallo all,

I have a Vanda here and I do do not know how to make her bloom.

I've read some information, that she needs lots of light and moisture.
Unfortunatly I do not know how to provie lots of light. I direct sun the
leaves get burned. I do not knowhow to solve the problem and why she gets
burned at all, as she is supposed to get lots of light. I've seen
fotographs where a Vanda was exposed to direct sun without any problems.

She is growing like crazy, newroots and leaves, but no blooming. I
suppose it's because of lack of light. But it's a dillema, because she
gets burned when exposed to sun.

Can someone provide some advice? How to get a Vanda to bloom in central
europe?

Thanx in advance,

Andreas