Old 06-02-2003, 04:40 PM
bob

Default wasabi

zxcvbob wrote in
:

" wrote:

I'd like to try growing wasabi. If anyone has any experience or a
source for bulbs? I'd appreciate any feedback.

Is it any different than horseradish? I thought they were the same
plant, just prepared differently.

Best regards,
Bob

I read an article on an airplane that said wasabi is in the same family
as horseradish. Mostly in the USA when you buy "wasabi", it's really just
horseradish dyed green.

They said up until just recently it was believed it would not grow
outside of it's native region in Japan, but someone in Washington state
is having some success. They said it needs rocky hills with flowing
water.

Bob
Zone 7