Old 26-08-2003, 05:22 AM
Gerg

Default Scythe

Thanks Everyone!

I've read most of the "Scythe Book", but have found that the best way to
learn is by practice. Most of the information and technique I had already
read about on the few web sites dedicated to this subject. I have mowed
again just tonight and noticed a vast improvement over my technique and the
results. I must remind myself not to force the blade through.

I am mostly trimming weeds, but there is some fine grass growing there as
well and I had some success cutting that also. Tomorrow I will try with a
sharper blade and a (hopefully) improved technique.

Until next time,

Happy Mowing

"Leon Fisk" wrote in message
On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 05:43:45 GMT, "Gerg"
wrote:

...a pretty good book called "Scythe Book"...

I have seen several references to this title on the web. Don't hate me,

but
I couldn't justify the cost of purchasing the book (or an anvil) yet. I

had
searched our local library without success, but tonight I was able to
request this book from another library in Alberta.

...snipped

Hi Greg,

I know my Dad has cut small saplings with his scythe without
any ill results... The following links maybe help.

Some discussion about using one:

http://www.ibiblio.org/london/orgfar...using-a-scythe

This is for Lehmans Hardware, they sell scythes too.
Interesting that they provide an small booklet with any
scythe purchase.

http://www.lehmans.com/shopping/sear...fresh=1&search

Type=advanced&iMainCat=0&iSubCat=0&attribute14=0&a ttribute15=0&attribute16=0
&RS=1&keyword=scythe

or try this if the above doesn't work:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?P2B912AA5

Good luck!