Old 26-08-2003, 06:02 AM
Karen Mullen

Default Slow growing plants

In article , "NJ"
writes:

I had this problem all pond season, and the potash didn't do anything to
assist in greening the lettuces, nor did a trace element mixture. I ended
up finding clouds of little black gnats over all the lettuces as well as
some amongst the leaves. I think they were the culprits. Take a good look
at your plants and see if the bugs are camping out in yours, too

Hi NJ

I checked my WL from various locations around the pond and didn't find and any
infestations. These lettuce came from a friends pond and were the most
beautiful shade of green, growing babies on babies all still attached. Her
pond is shaded and mine is in full sun, I think maybe??? they're getting
sunburned? Anyone have beautiful WL in full sun?

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html