Old 26-08-2003, 09:12 AM
J. Lane

Default seeds from dried flowers Help

A great way to find out particulars on seeds and planting times etc is to
order a free catalog from a reputable seed company in your country ( Stokes
Seeds in Canada ). The catalog should contain all sorts of information on
planting times, germination times, Zone hardiness, description of plant,
resistance to disease etc.
--
Jayel
"Françoise" wrote in message
Joanne,

I do not know salpiglossis flowers, so I cannot help you for this particular
seed. Last year I collected a lot of seeds. I kept them in paper envelopes
and I
planted them this year following the instruction for each type of seeds.
Some
were very successful others were not. Why? I cannot tell. I planted lots of
pansies. Since they were hybrids, I got all kinds of colours and shapes. It
was
quite fun to see them flowered.

I had some Heliopsis, which were not big enough to be divided yet. So I
gathered
some seeds. Since I could not find any instruction on how to plant them, I
looked for some flowers that may be similar. I planted the seeds in the
house in
winter and transplanted the little plants in the garden in spring. They
flowered
and are still flowering. I was glad because I thought I had lost my original
plant during the winter.

Have fun with your seeds.

Françoise.

Jo wrote:

I have some seeds which I recuperated from some dried out salpiglossis
flowers which we grew from plants this summer. I also have some from a
lavatera flower which was grown from seeds. Do I need to do anything with
these seeds to keep them ? How do I plant them next year if I want flowers
from them ? I am completely new at this and was so thrilled I could

actually
see the seeds in the dead flower heads.........

Hugs from France,
Joanne

check out my latest downloads on
http://community.webshots.com/user/frenchjoanne

Feel free to join my encaustic group if this form of art interests you
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/encaustic