Old 26-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Frogleg

Default Speaking of melons

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:30:31 -0400, "Toonartist"
wrote:

Anyway, has any had success growing melons/pumpkins on a trellis or wire
fencing. I've heard they grown pretty well as long as you support the fruits
with slings. I find that the melon and pumpkin vines overtake my relatively
small garden, so I thought this may be a good alternative

Melons love a fence. Yes, you have to support the fruits, but OTOH,
you don't have to worry about insects or rot on the ground. I had a
*lovely* cantaloupe growing on a wire fence that the horrible (now
ex-) neighbors tore down just as it (the melon, not the fence) was
ripening. Don't know about pumpkins.