Old 26-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Bill Oliver

Default What's The Latest On Roundup Herbicide?

In article ,
Siberian Husky wrote:

-- Do not fight against anonymous people (who knows, maybe "Bill
Oliver" itself is not a real name, but I don't care ). After a
lengthy flamewar, most netters will believe Bill Oliver (1), Dick
Tracy (1), James Bond (1), Ethan Hunt (1), Clark Kent (1), ...... are
not contributing anything for environment and gardening discussions,
and they wan to ignore all of them. Anonymous names and email
addresses can be generated unlimited, but billo is only one. If you
decide to hunt them down, you will only spend your time in useless
directions.

The "hunting down" was not done by me. It was done by those who,
lacking any scientific basis, decided to try to dig up dirt
on me -- and, failing that, made things up.

I do not think gardeners like paghat or animaux are malicious.

Then you have not been reading this thread.

They
just don't have trust in Monsanto when you do not find any scientific
experiments showing Roundup to be dangerous (again, that is different
from showing Roundup to be safe).

First, *no* experiment can show *anything* to be "safe" to your
definition. If you apply that standard, the *everything* is
life-threatening. In fact, all studies have shown that toxic
effects require very high doses or very long incubations. What
kind of study, for example, would you require?

Second, the studies were not all done by Monsanto.

Third, if it were "just" that they don't like Monsanto,
it would not be necessary to engage in the attempts
at personal destruction that paghat, animaux, Tom,
and their ilk specialize in. This is not just a matter
of them disagreeing with the scientific literature, this
thier attempt at witch-burning.

maybe thru misunderstanding, or
another netters jump in and digged up your employer and else, and
subconsciously you think "this is a war between me and them", so you
raise your tone and animaux or paghat also raise their tones, and you
know what happened...... Hehe.

Your memory is faulty. If you read the thread you will notice
that the personal attacks started from *day one* with paghat,
et al. accusing me of being in the pay of Monsanto, attacking
my integrity, etc. There was no "subconscious" misreading here.

In this case, leave the thread for one or
two days to cool yourself down, and come back again. That helps :P
Maybe someone else wrote whatever you wanna say.

Maybe you should be counselling paghat, animaux, Tom, et al.

billo