Old 26-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Neil Potter

Default Beginner wanting advice

Would eventually like Koi, with plants if possible, but I know from reading
that they are prone to nibbling on plants. There's a "shop" close to where
I live, that sells the Japanese Koi starting from £120 and going up to
£17,000...but even the "cheap" ones are a bit out of my league.

I used to have a tropical tank in the house, but I've since become
interested in ponds, so this whole project is new to me...and I don't
pretend to know anything about it just because I had a three foot tank in
the house.

IT was from visiting the shop near my house that I became interested in the
"Porthole" idea as they have a tank with one in, and all the fish congregate
on the other side of the glass and look out.

Neil
"Jerrispond" wrote in message

I was qutoed approx £4000 for the whole thing to be built, which

wouldsupposedly hold 7000 gallons The pond would be a little different

from
typical liners or moulds, as Iwanted a porthole style window in the

raised
wallDoes anyone think this price is too high too low or just right based

on
their experiences,

That sounds like fun!! I don't know from prices since I built my

own.....7000
gallons is a real nice size. Don't get all excited and fill it full of

fish.
Take your time adding a few at a time and only get the ones that are

really
special to you.....Do you plan on having goldfish and plants or just koi

in it?
Jerri