Old 26-08-2003, 06:12 PM
Frogleg

Default How to properly deadhead tall bearded iris and daylilies

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:43:59 -0700, "Starlord"
wrote:

You don't just " Plant " the whole seed pod, you let the pod dry out and then
wait until next spring and then you soak the seeds for awhile and then plant and
it can take up to two years before you get anything if they grow at all and
they'll not be the same as the iris they came from.

I believe the OP was asking about seed pods on daylilies. But of
course the process of cross-polination may make both processes ones of
uncertain outcome. I was quite pleased by my daylily, which may have
been an exact copy or a variant -- I have several different sorts.