Old 26-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Andreas Mueller

Default Vanda in central europe

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 19:55:31 +0000, Kenneth Bruyninckx wrote:

Hallo Kenneth,

have no idea where your plants came from, but I'm sure it wasn't grown
in full sun before, so it will need to adapt.

I suppose, taht it came from the Netherlands, where all plants come from
;-))

- do you have a name for it ? Except for it being a "Vanda"

Vanda Coerulea (I suppose the most common one)

- has it flowered before ? and if so, when ?

yes, one year ago in the summer (when I bought it)

- how large is the plant ?

it is some 50 cm in height now. Some leaves are burnt :-( but she grows
lots of thick roots.

- have you had it for long ?

well about one year.

Apart from the general rules: lots of heat, lots of humidity and lots
of light there is nothing much left...

You seem to know a lot about orchids and Vandae. As I see, that You are
from Belgium and I'm in Germany, the light conditions are the same.
So do You use artificial light? What kind of artificial light? Does a
vanda need lots of light all over the year in order to bloom?

Do You advise to use any chemicals?

Greetings,

Andreas