Old 26-08-2003, 10:13 PM
bnd777

Default manure v. compost

"Alastair" wrote in message
"PA" wrote in message

Hello,
I'm going to cover my allotment over the winter, but I cant decide to

use
manure or compost.
I can get a load of manure delivered for £25, but I don't how old it is

or
any thing else about it, the other option I thought of was, wicks have a
special offer on at the mo, 3 x 90lt bags of compost £9 ( peat based
though ), I have some Marshall organic extra that I was going to mix

with
it.
so the question is: manure better then compost?
or use both?
thanks
Paul

My father always said that putting manure down would result in an
allotment full of weeds. No idea if this is true or not. Anyone got an
opinion?

Alastair

If that was true I would have more weeds than garden !!!!!
I prefer to use thick layers in the compost bins but either method works
just fine