Old 26-08-2003, 11:02 PM
Frank Martin

Default Apomictic Grasses

Surely this reply is too astringent and acerbic and not in keeping with the
respect due to fellow scientists.
Phred may be some nascent biologist whose botanical heart has just been
crushed by your cruel put-downs.
Do you want that on your conscience?

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in message
m...
I'm not a student, Buckwheat.

I just want you to put your money where you flip mouth is, you superficial
smartass.

You still haven't answered the question, you ******.

I asked for a list of SPECIES in ten different genera not just random list
of generic names.

Any idiot can randomly throw out the names of genera and you have proven
that.

Most if not all of the species in those genera ARE NOT APOMICTIC.

That makes you the lazy parasite who cannot back the outrageous statements
you make.

Phred wrote in message
In article ,
"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote:
Name ten grasses in different genera that are apomictic!!!

Here's a few you can look up... but I'm stuffed if I'm going to do
*all* your homework for you, so look up the details for yourself and
don't be a typical lazy student parasitising the web.

In no particular order: Brachiaria, Paspalum, Eragrostis, Poa,
Dichanthium, Tripsacum, Cenchrus, Pennisetum, Panicum, Hyparrhenia,
Vetiveria, Themeda, Heteropogon, Bouteloua, Bothriochloa,
Capillipedium... (And I suppose we could even throw in Zea now.)

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID