Old 26-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Gregory Young

Default Pond Guard vs roofing liner - Firestone's answer!

It can vary quite a bit when you buy it from retailers!
Interesting though that the wholesale prices are not nearly as much
increased on PondGard as Rubbergard, as they are at the retail level.
It's like honey (I used to raise bees). When I sold honey to a well known
supermarket chain, they sold it for $1.00 per pound. The exact same bottle
of honey, with my same label on it sold for $1.40 per pound in the health
food section, 4 or 5 aisles away, and it sold faster there because the store
advertised the honey as "all natural honey, with nothing added".. as though
my other bottles had something added!?
PT Barnum had a saying about that....
I guess the retailers can add healthy mark ups to pond supplies in general,
as it is the craze at present.
Happy ponding,
Greg
--

"Shane Kennedy" wrote in message
om...
how much cheaper is the roofing liner compared to the pond liner?