Old 27-08-2003, 12:22 AM
Anne Lurie

Default Pump Confusion

I'd like to add "Anne's corollary"(?) to Joe's statement!

Joe said [among other things], "Also, very important : the cost of running
the pump usually out weighs the cost of the pump......"

Anne's corollary: "The cost of the pump -- and of running the pump --
are miniscule to the money/time/effort you will eventually spend on your
pond."

And I'm only talking about moving bricks I already had & a few goldfish from
Petsmart, plus the odd "dog toy" (water hyacinth for the first 20 minutes I
owned them, then dog toys!)

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC

"joe" wrote in message
RROLD1 wrote:

After searching the newsgroups, I have found a lot of similar questions

but no
difinitive answers (at least none that I understand).
Why don't the pump companies offer a table of actual killowats used per

feet
of head?. Its the answer everyone seems to be after.

I think many if not most do. Go to a couple of sites of companies that

both
manufacture & sell pumps. You should find what you are looking for. Also,
very important : the cost of running the pump usually out weighs the cost

of
the pump, so saving a hundred bucks on the purchase doesn't make sense if
all you get is an inefficient pump.

Joe