Old 27-08-2003, 01:32 AM
Gideon Singer

Default Algae on greenhouse walls

On 26 Aug 2003 20:36:03 GMT, (WNeptune) wrote:

This has been discussed numerous times.
I have a Lexan liner in a glass house. If I use a wire brush, or even a stiff
brush on this , it will scar the surface.
I keep the algae under control by spraying down the walls, benches, and walks
every week with one % bleach. Although I make no effort to spray the plants,
they receive some, and I have not noticed any problems with this in over ten
years.
Washing down the walls with a power washer is not a good idea with multi
layered coverings, as the water tends to get between the layers and then the
inner surface is dirty, and there is no way to get to it.
Wilford Neptune

Thanks to Willford and Ken. I ask this because one never knows if
someone has come up with an innovative solution to this perennial
task. Wilford I understand what you mean by water getting bewteen the
mulli layered covering as this has happend in a few places in my gh
even when using a low pressure sprayer. Guess I will have to apply
more elbow grease The roof will be the worst.