Old 27-08-2003, 02:38 AM
DaveDay34

Default info on allotments please

Having spent six hours today on grasscutting I have decided to rent out the
half acre of land I don't use for allotments. As we don't have them here Im
interested to know a little about them from yourselves please. For example,
what is the average size of an allotment (yards/feet please)

I'm looking into allotments as I'm looking to have one myself. I don't know
much about them, but I do know that some are 9 metres by 35 metres. This size
is based on the size of strips of land used in medieval times for strip
farming, though I don't know whether all allotments are this size, or just some
allotments.

Probably not much help.

Dave.