Old 27-08-2003, 03:22 AM
B & J

Default Polymer gel crystals - good or bad?

"Margie" wrote in message
om...
I bought the gel crystals about two years ago. I have plants in
containers outside on my balcony. Whenever it rained, the crystals
would get so big that they pushed the soil outside the pots!! Not
only was it messy, but I had to add more soil.

I am of the persuasion to just use oak leaf mulch or some other kind
of leaf mulch.

It works fine if you mix the recommended amount of crystals with the potting
soil and add water before putting the mixture into your containers. Be sure
you add enough water and allow the mixture time for complete hydration of
the crystals after adding water. That assures you won't have too much
material in your pots. I use crystals and like them.

John