Old 27-08-2003, 03:32 AM
Pam Rudd

Default Kill Ants Organically?

When last we left our heros, on Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:40:43 -0500,
Pan Ohco scribbled:

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 00:01:39 GMT, Pam Rudd
wrote:

No, I wouldn't write anything this stupid. Pan Ohco wrote the
following line.

The grits expand and kill the queen.

No, they don't. That's an urban legend that just keeps making the
rounds. Apply a little common sense and you'll see right through
it.

Well Pam then that urban legend is working for me. As soon as a fire
ant mound shows up, I put grits on it and in a couple of days its
gone. I've kept my lawn here in Alabama ant free for quite a few
years.

So, Pan, can I call you Pan? I have a question for you.

What do fire ant queens eat?

Now, once you figured that out and see how ridiculous your
statement about grits expanding and killing the queen is, see
if you can figure out how throwing grits at a fire ant mound
might fool you into thinking that you're actually accomplishing
something other than annoying the ants.

Like I said, an application of common sense will do a whole lot
more good than throwing grits around.

Pam

"ElissaAnn"