Old 27-08-2003, 04:03 AM
jammer

Default Raccoon trouble

Wolves?

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 22:15:26 -0400, "Hank"
wrote:

The cardinal story is great!........... Now if I can find something to
eat raccoons I'd be happy.

"Karen Mullen" wrote in message
I was wondering why my dogs started barking uncontrolably one

morning (2 am) so
I thought I see what's going on. I saw nothing and brought the dogs

in when
they went back to the door barking like crazy again. I let them out

and
followed them as they raced to the back gate. I figured it was kids

drinking
under a large tree on the back lot. Well, what to my surprise, a

racoon
sitting on the post to the gate. Nothing would shake him loose. He

just sat
there. We'd had reports of a rabid coon so I called the police and

they came
out, ready to shoot it, but after trying to get it off the post for

almost 30
minutes it finally ran off and despite looking for almost an hour (3

cops and
myself) we gave up. Been no sign of it since.

Bless my 2 doggies for protecting my pond. I also took a picture of

the
critter while waiting for the police, it's on the page Just For Fun.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html