Old 27-08-2003, 04:03 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default WHAT... My pond a sandpit

I had a preformed pond given to me and I just don't have the time and energy
to dig a hole for it so I'm going to try to figure out how to do what you
did for this one. The problem is that the pond is one of the kidney shaped
ones with a center circle hole of about 18" (the pond is maybe 4'X2.5' - I
can carry it on my hip). So I have to have some support under the upper
level and I'm worried that with all the water in it that it will have stress
points if I don't get enough support or if the support is not level.... So
is this a doable idea or not? I am assuming you have no support on your
sides or underneath since it seems to go almost straight down. DK

I've seen these set up, above ground, at garden centers. They used cement
blocks for support and then used other material to hide the underneath.
Some have used wood, other bricks, etc.

There is someone on here that did a turtle deck pond that I think showed
pictures of construction, anyone remember that website? Or is the poster
still here perhaps? I know that cut a whole in plywood and set the preform
into it, like one would do a sink. The plywood was covered with astro turf
type stuff. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~