Old 27-08-2003, 08:22 AM
Jim Webster

Default Animals avoid GM food

"Brian Sandle" wrote in message
Jim Webster wrote:

"Brian Sandle" wrote in message
Jim Webster wrote:

As in the UK there is no such thing as grass fed milk in the winter,

while
even the 'grain feed' is actually a complex mixture of things such as

sugar
beet, maize gluten, rape meal etc, I suspect that the figures are

pretty
meaningless

Looks like quite a bit of omega-6 in that diet.

which week, because that is how often the diet components can change at
times

Maybe that could explain clusters of patients with similar symptoms.

I can see it providing an excuse for hypochondria but damn all else

Or even does winter influenza coincide with change away from grass feeding
of beasts?

Rubbish, We used to get influenza back when livestock were slaughtered for
winter

Yesterday I woke with a sore lower back after eating sunflower seeds the
evening before. This morning my back was not sore, and I hadn't eaten
sunflower seeds yesterday. So these things may take effect quite quickly?

or may have nothing to do with it whatsoever

[...]

Pubmed has a lot on arachidonic acid, COX pathways and inflammation.

What about lamb and eating it at different times of year?

Some people will be thinking:

Water is wet
Rain is water
When it rains we might get wet (unless something protects us.*)

Your suggestion is about the * bit?

Possibly not much research is being done because some researchers think
it is so obvious. But they could look into the * bit.

I note a paper on athletes getting not-totally-explained
delayed-muscle-soreness at the beginning of the season. That is of course
at the end of winter when the beasts they may be eating have been
grain-fed. Could be worth some investigation.

Could be worth investigation? Sure, if you have money to waste, if you are
so keen, spend some, but don't waste anyone elses

Jim Webster