Old 27-08-2003, 09:32 AM
Matthew Montchalin

Default Cicada wasps, apricot trees, cherry trees

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Archimedes Plutonium wrote:
|I wonder if cicadas can be a big problem to where they kill and destroy
|fruit trees?
|
|What birds eat cicadas?

Didn't American Indians eat cicadas? They are generally a harmless
insect, aren't they?

|And I think cicadas are one of the ugliest insects.

Why?

|I wonder if anyone has invented some natural physical means of luring
|cicadas into a death trap.

What about harvesting them and turning them into a marketable organic
food snack? You could deep fat fry them, and then shake them in a
box of powdered cheese. Maybe sell them at a movie theater where
people don't look too closely at the stuff you put in a popcorn bag?