Old 27-08-2003, 01:02 PM
Haywire

Default angel eats neons ?

NOpe, my personal experience says no to that. IMHO I think the cardinals
we buy are ususally near an inch in size, sort of the upper limit to what a
typical sized angel can cram into it's mouth, whereas, we see stores
selling 1/2 inch "extra large" neons which seem to be a nice morsal size
for angels. From my personal experience I've started 1/2" neons and angels
together and have watched the neon population vanish as the angels grew.
Right now I have 15 cardinals and 3 breeder sized angels and 2 juvie angels
together with a few discus in one of my 50's.

"Dinky" wrote in
:

"Mort" wrote in message
I know a guy who successfully kepps a wild pair of angels with a
group of cardinals.

I dont know if the slight coloration difference has anything to do
with it but his cardinals do not get eaten. Food for thought (pun
intended)

~Mort

I've seen it too. I can theorize that if the angels are placed with
the tets when the angels are too small to eat them, they may get used
to them. Like getting a puppy and a kitten at the same time. shrug