Old 27-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Mort

Default Overdriving NO tubes

"Jim Seidman" wrote in message
om...
"Mort" wrote in message

gy.com...
Is anyone here familiar with overdriving NO fluorescent tubes?

This is really an interesting idea - I hadn't heard of this before. I
have a 35 gallon hex, which I bought before I was into plants. With
the design of the hood, all I can put on it is a wimpy F15T8. But
maybe if I could overdrive that to 32W or 40W, I would at least be
able to grow some low light plants in there...

- Jim

Thats exactly right Jim! I am in the same boat as you. Heres something to
consider though. If that light you have now is using a T12 you should be
able to squeeze TWO T8s in there. Home Depot sells all the parts you would
need.

I am really anxious to try this out. I'll keep you posted.

~Mort