Old 27-08-2003, 03:22 PM
BB

Default Keeping the pond bottom clean.

Purchase a SHOP VAC brand that has a pump to drain the water from the vacuum
as it fills.
I forget the model number, but it says that on the box. It's the 'Vacuum
that pumps'.
You have to stop drawing water every so often to let the water pump catch up
with the vacuum. The vacuum has a fitting on the pump that accepts a garden
hose so you can direct the pump output where you want.
I use a bucket with holes drilled in the bottom (small) with fiberfill in
the bucket to filter the water before it drains back into the pond.
I used the plastic cross-stitch material to make a screen for the end of the
vacuum hose, so as not to vacuum up things best left in the water.

Bill

"O3raledale" wrote in message
Please excuse my ignorance, but how does one use a shop vac to clean the
bottom? doesn't it fill right up with pond water before you get all of the

gunk
out?
-Pat
(another newbie)