Old 27-08-2003, 04:02 PM
Pam

Default Roundup Unready

Frank Logullo wrote:

"Bill Oliver" wrote in message

In fact, this is a lie. The study that is pushed by the ecofundamentalist
hysterics actually notes that Roundup does *not* cause non-Hodgkin's
lymphoma. For some reason the hysterics repeat the findings from an
early, incomplete preliminary study, but somehow magically forget to
note the follow-up study by the *same* authors that concludes that
the association falls out in multivariate analysis. In other words
the authors of the article quoted here come to the opposite conclusion
than that claimed here.

Sounds like this guy is a wacko eco nut or was riffed by Monsanto. I'm not
a fan of big government but this stuff had to be cleared under FIFRA by the
EPA.
Frank

Initially, so did a lot of other, nasty stuff that has since been removed from
sale to the public. FIFRA and the EPA are not panacaeas for the proliferation of
pesticides - only our best attempt to try to regulate and monitor the spread and
effect of potentially toxic chemicals. Not that I am a huge fan of chemical
pesticides (as most regulars here know) but this "report" is defnitely not an
accurate assessment of the effects of glyphosate. Non-Hodgkins lymphoma has been
linked (tentatively) only to organphosphates, of which substances
glyphosate/RoundUp is not a member.

pam - gardengal