Old 27-08-2003, 04:12 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default pet fish

Many, many years ago I took a guided tour of a cave system. The guide shut
the lights off, and we watched fish in the underground stream that glowed in
the dark. As the fish were blind - didn't even have eyes after countless
generations in the dark - I often wondered why they glowed. They were
natural. I don't think I like the idea of Frankenfish, though.

Lee

From: "David McKay"
Subject: Pet Fish that Glow in the Dark Confiscated
Date: Saturday, August 23, 2003 2:58 PM

Here's a link with a picture of the fish.

http://www.mongabay.com/external/glowing_fish.htm

Ugly little guys, IMO.

Regards,

Dave.

"ANC Webmaster" wrote in message
t...
On July 25, authorities in Singapore confiscated over 400
genetically-altered, glow-in-the-dark aquarium fish.
http://www.anc.org/pets/pets_article...r=2003_0731_gm
ANC Web Site Administrator