Old 27-08-2003, 06:12 PM
EvelynMcH

Default When do you harvest pumpkins?

When a pumpkin or squash goes bad it's not pretty, it turns
into the consistency of a big smelly water balloon and can cause other
nearby fruit to quickly degrade.

Yeah, there's nothing more fun than discovering the festive pumpkin on the
front steps has rotted from the bottom up - something you usually discover when
you least expect it...[g]

(We toss ours behind the yews in the front of the house, the same place we
compost leaves and magnolia flowers. More than once we've surprised varmits on
the front steps in mid-winter, feasting on pumpkin seeds.)

-=epm=-

In matters of truth and justice,
there is no difference between large and small problems,
for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.
- Albert Einstein