Old 27-08-2003, 07:34 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Trees for screen

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message ...
"stoneysteve" wrote in message
s.com...
Hi,

My neighbour insists on switching on his "retina burner" (500W HAaogen
Light) every night which lights up my whole garden and blinds me should
I look out my kitchen window after about 9 pm . I would like to plant a
bushy tree about 8-9 feet high to partially block this out. Can you
suggest something tallish with dense foliage which might suit this
purpose.

Ta

PS He has previously refused to leave the light off so asking politely
is not an option

It would sound as if the judicious use of an airgun or a catapult might be
to the point.

Count my vote for the ballistic approach. But you might perhaps get
the idiot to see that those things are the skilled intruder's dream:
you can't see a thing going on beyond the light, but they can still
see when you've gone out, or to bed.

Mike.