Old 27-08-2003, 08:44 PM
Franz Heymann

Default Trees for screen

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message
. ..
"stoneysteve" wrote in message
s.com...
Hi,

My neighbour insists on switching on his "retina burner" (500W HAaogen
Light) every night which lights up my whole garden and blinds me should
I look out my kitchen window after about 9 pm . I would like to plant a
bushy tree about 8-9 feet high to partially block this out. Can you
suggest something tallish with dense foliage which might suit this
purpose.

Ta

PS He has previously refused to leave the light off so asking politely
is not an option

Since you've asked an airgun is prob out of the q as you would be the

first
suspect. If its close enough, a quick squirt from one of those kids water
soaker pistols might break it since the bulbs get v hot and a splash of

cold
water might breka it (just a guess).
Otherwise, plant a leylandii or two as close as you can, best bet for

rapid
growth.

More seriously than my previous suggestion to use an airgun or a catapult,
Sacha has the best suggestion so far. It should be easy to make a 3ft
square mirror by fixing a silvered plastic sheet on a wooden frame and mount
the whole very carefully to reflect his own light somewhere where it will
cause maximum annoyance to him. I did it to a neighbour who was being
unhelpful, and the lamp is no longer switched on. Luckily they had a
bedroom window facing in the right direction.

Franz