Old 27-08-2003, 09:13 PM
Robert E A Harvey

Default black plastic to cover allotment

Rusty Hinge wrote in message ...
Carpet shops are no longer permitted to dispose of waste carpets except
on designated sites, so this reduces one's options a bit.

The waste disposal regulations do not prevent carpet being sold/given
for re-use, and as a weed control it would be being used. The waste
disposal regulations do not apply, and no carpet shop would be
breaking any regulations.

Now, what the allotment holder does with it in 15 years time may be
another matter. But as far as I know there is no rule preventing me
taking my own living rooom carpet and setting fire to it, so that may
be a solution.