Old 27-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Gregory Young

Default Slow growing plants

We've seen Rich's lettuce, hyacinths, and taro, etc.
He grows them BIG down there South of the Mason-Dixon line!
We decided he's got not only green thumbs, but green toes as well (although
Donna has a hand in some of it I think)!
Happy ponding,
Greg

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
I don't know how beautiful, but I have large lettuce. The heads are about
15 to 18 or more inches across and would be larger, except they are so
crowded in the veggie filter. They are in full sun. You can see pictures
on my web page listed below.
--
RichToyBox

"Karen Mullen" wrote in message
In article , "NJ"

writes:

I had this problem all pond season, and the potash didn't do anything

assist in greening the lettuces, nor did a trace element mixture. I

ended
up finding clouds of little black gnats over all the lettuces as well

as
some amongst the leaves. I think they were the culprits. Take a good

look
at your plants and see if the bugs are camping out in yours, too

Hi NJ

I checked my WL from various locations around the pond and didn't find

and any
infestations. These lettuce came from a friends pond and were the most
beautiful shade of green, growing babies on babies all still attached.

Her
pond is shaded and mine is in full sun, I think maybe??? they're getting
sunburned? Anyone have beautiful WL in full sun?

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html