Old 28-08-2003, 01:03 AM
R.stol

Default Pump Confusion

Second thought this meter might be suited with that clamp to hang on the
wire =) Me bad ,, humble appologies.

R.stolen
"R.stol" wrote in message
fyi ,,, P=U x I aka Watt = Voltage x Current ,,, measure how much Current
the pump is taking ,, and mutliply it with your voltage . For a 550 watts
pump the current should be mesured ~5 Amps on a 110 Vac leader.

However Measuing the Current is not going to be a easy task with that
instrument as you have to measure Current (Ampere) in serie with the Pump

,
there is however Ampere meters that you can simply clamp around the wire

measure the Amps.

Best regards

Rune S.

"Andrew Burgess" wrote in message
"Sam Hopkins" writes:

There's a device at Radio Shack for like $30.00 that you plug stuff

into
and
it'll tell youi how much power something is drawing. It'll also count

it
as
time goes on. So you could plug your pump into it, let it run for a

month,
look at your enegry bill to get the kilowatt per hour cost and figure

it
all
out. Here's the device on the net:

http://store.yahoo.com/ahernstore/p4400.html

OK I ordered one. Thanks Sam! Easier then driving to my friends
to borrow his...