Old 28-08-2003, 05:12 AM
DigitalVinyl

Default birds pecking my tomatoes!

Jerry Minasi wrote:

On Sun, 24 Aug 2003 18:50:47 GMT, DigitalVinyl
wrote:

Jerry Minasi wrote:

On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 16:29:32 GMT, DigitalVinyl
wrote:

You could get a bird net or garden row to throw over the tomatoes
during the day. That would deter them. Although the sparkling CD thing
should work. Is the bird bad secluded away from traffic and movement?
DO you see them using it?

Yes, It's a large plastic flower pot base. I get at least 100 birds,
squirrels and nine wild turkeys every day. This is about seventy
feet from my garden.

Just thought of this...if the birds are numerous and there are
turkeys...perhaps there is a type of bird dominating the bath. Some
smaller type can't get to the water so it settles for tomatoes. Just
an idea, but maybe a couple of them will satisfy the need. You
certainly have a lot of birds.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
1st Year Gardener