Old 07-02-2003, 01:24 PM
Cricket

Default wasabi

Horseradish it to wasabi what Aunt Jemima is to 100% real maple syrup. It
often gets passed off because it's cheaper and it works, but there is no
real comparison for the wasabi lover.

Yea, I heard on NPR some months back that a Japanese American went to Japan
and spent a third of his life blending in to the point where the local
Wasabi growers would trust him enough to tell him their secretes, then he
took the knowledge to WA and now cultivates American wasabi, much to the
chagrin of the traditional Japanese Wasabi growers. I am of the impression
that this type of thing is very counter to traditional Japanese values, and
thus the whole incident has left many with, shall we say, a bitter taste.

Anyhow, I know nothing about growing wasabi and will cut out here.

--
Please see our website of gardening products at
http://www.southernexposure.com

Peace

Cricket
"zxcvbob" wrote in message

" wrote:

I'd like to try growing wasabi. If anyone has any experience or a
source for bulbs? I'd appreciate any feedback.

Is it any different than horseradish? I thought they were the same plant,
just prepared differently.

Best regards,
Bob