Old 28-08-2003, 05:22 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Default Any value in becoming a master gardener?

Oh Colleen,

You need to get out of your sanitized plastic bubble, get out in the real
world and smell the garbage rotting. Not everyone is looking out for your
best interest. You are amazing in your naiveté. The practical info you get
from the so called master gardener program is practically nil. I have
quizzed a number of so called master gardeners and they knew very little of
even the very basics of gardening or botany. They barely knew how to pot up
a plant properly or why it was done a certain way. As far as I'm concerned,
the program is a scam.

GrampysGurl wrote in message
The trainer gave you a blank stare because they don't care about giving

you
any practical information. They just want your money and unpaid labor.

That's a terrible thing to say.... Part of being a Master Gardener is the

want,
or need to volunteer their knowledge ... it isn't a way to make money,

it's a
way of gaining and sharing a knowledge of gardening.
Colleen Ann Cross
Zone 5
Connecticut