Old 28-08-2003, 06:03 AM
Mark

Default Squirrels Eating My Tomatoes!

In article ,
Mark wrote:

The squirrels are eating what few tomatoes I am getting this season.

These are some really good ideas!

A barrier like chicken wire would probably be the most reliable, but
this is a strip right next to the side of the house and only about 18'
from the house next door, so there are aesthetic issues with that. But
if nothing else works, I may do that when I plant next year.

Dried blood sounds interesting. What is it mainly used for? Can you
get it at gardening places (or do you have to make your own)? ;-

I am going to take an incremental approach. First, spray some pepper
around. The missus has a line on some red round Christmas ornaments, so
I may add those next. Maybe some 'decoy' corn in the back yard ...

I have only 12 plants. They did so poorly earlier (bugs, rain,
squirrels) but they are now getting a second wind and blooming like
crazy, so I want to be able to enjoy a few more of my own tomatoes this
summer!

Thanks much. Will post results.

--
Mark