Old 28-08-2003, 07:02 AM
Noydb

Default New to Group--Introduction and questions (long)

simy1 wrote:

Does this group lean toward organic gardening or chemical control? Some
of each?

I am guessing that 67% of the people here are organic 90% of the time.
How's that for going out on a limb?

I'm 100% organic, 100% of the time. Some others are, too. We try to conceal
our superiority but sometimes it just shines through. :-)

Basically, we all just sort of 'live & let live" although disputes do arise
from time to time. Usually the spats last a day or two and get resolved. Or
forgotten. Either way works.

As for the top-posting, etc. The group is not fanatical. I, personally,
prefer a well-trimmed message followed by the response. I don't recall
seeing a re-named subject line, but that certainly might be appropriate
from time to time. Try to keep posts on-topic and off-topic posts few and
far between. "Edible Gardening" is such a wide-ranging topic that most of
the off-topic posts in here seem to be commercial spam that crept in.

There is a faq for the list but I no longer recall where to find it. Let
ordinary civility govern and just have some fun.

BIll

--
Zone 8b (Detroit, MI)