Old 28-08-2003, 08:14 AM
martin

Default Trees for screen

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 20:44:19 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

"Liz" wrote in message

Sacha wrote in message
in article , Franz Heymann at
wrote on 27/8/03 3:48 pm:

"stoneysteve" wrote in message
s.com...
Hi,

My neighbour insists on switching on his "retina burner" (500W

HAaogen
Light) every night which lights up my whole garden and blinds me

should
I look out my kitchen window after about 9 pm . I would like to plant

bushy tree about 8-9 feet high to partially block this out. Can you
suggest something tallish with dense foliage which might suit this
purpose.

I would suggest a silvered screen of some sort which will reflect the

light
*back* into his eyes, house, garden, bedroom etc. and THEN plant the

hedge.
--

Clever, but the sophisticate would suggest a concave mirror. Archimedes?
Ships? Syracuse? Anybody?

On the contrary, that would not have the desired effect. The recipient
would see nothing if the he/she stood outside the focussed beam, and the
lamp does not produce enough radiant energy to allow a focussed beam to set
fire to the neighbour.
{:-))

It depends on the optics of the mirror and it's alignment with the
sun. It was stray light guv. 'onest.
:-)
--
Martin