Old 28-08-2003, 09:22 AM
BAC

Default Re Horse Manure

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Christopher Norton contains these words:

The message
from "Yogi Bear" contains these words:

An FAQ/Listing County by County of the Stables/Horse Owners who
would allow
gardeners to collect?

Damn good idea. I`ll ring a couple of local ones.

Which is what any sensible gardener wanting a local source of horse
manure would do in the first place.

My father was lucky in that respect, he lived next door to one stables and
opposite another, and used to get free deliveries of the stuff tipped over
his fence by dumper truck. The surplus was then bagged up and transported to
my house for incorporation into the heavy clay soil of my vegetable garden.
It worked a treat, best garden I ever had, by a long way.