Old 28-08-2003, 10:12 AM
MLL

Default Orchid Trees

I have been growing orchids off and on for the last 4 years.
I recently moved to the UK and have again found My table tops and window
sills growing full.
I moved most of them to the green house but intend to move them into
the conservatory within the week.
I went for a wander and found some lovely old trees that I am cutting down
to about 6' lengths and will then arrange them in a bed of bark and rock.
I have bromeliads and ferns that I will be adding to make it look more
natural
as well as fill in the gaps.

My question is this, will the Oncidium and Paph that I have in pots with a
more earthy type medium, no not dirt, do well on the trees or
should they be more in the barky area at the base?

I will take photos of the before and after to share!

MLL