Old 28-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Darwin Vander Stelt

Default Roundup Unready

Yea Doc, it's all a big conspiracy. That's why you pay most of your income
for food, have a life expectancy of 40 years, and are required to bear at
least 8 children to insure survival. To suggest that the dedicated civil
servants who staff our regulatory agencies are somehow pawns in some huge
conspiracy to make money for Monsanto is a terrible insult to many thousands
of very dedicated scientists and civil servants who have the public good in
mind. What we have here in the anti-everything group is a know-nothing lynch
mob, driven by hysteria and psychosis. Like a lynch mob, there are
demagogues who lead, and angry psychotics, incapable of comprehending the
evil they do, who follow and do most of the damage. There is little interest
in science and little concern for the truth about anything. Just because you
do not get your way in a dispute does not mean there is a conspiracy, it
only means your science is not convincing.

Thank goodness we have learned that the public must be protected, and that
we have erected large organizations like FDA and EPA to assist in regulating
and evaluating all the new chemicals and drugs. Lets increase the funding
etc if you feel that it isn't done adequately. And let us respect what we
have done as a civil society. We have come a long way from the days when
every feedlot was built near a stream to carry away the manure, when every
city sewer emptied into a river, and when you took your life in your hands
when you opened a bottle of Dr Feelgoods Magic Potion. You people are the
functional equivalent of an irresponsible, drunken mob on a lynching
expedition.

wrote in message
and you really, really trust the EPA to be totally independent and looking

out for
the consumers ala Ralph Nader (not that I have any use for him after the

last
election). Listen, nearly every single politician is in the pocket of

corporations,
and they appoint the people who staff the gov'mnt agencies. The FDA is

blatantly in
the corporations camp, just look at how they handled rBGH. Ingrid

"Frank Logullo" wrote:
Sounds like this guy is a wacko eco nut or was riffed by Monsanto. I'm

not
a fan of big government but this stuff had to be cleared under FIFRA by

the
EPA.
Frank

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List