Old 28-08-2003, 01:02 PM
Earnest Trawler

Default moving a 15foot high weeping willow

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
In article , Earnest Trawler
writes

Mine is less than 10 meters from the house, which is why I pollard it at

3
meters every year,

It's not the top growth that is the problem - tis the root system!!!!

Understood, there was a larger weeper near that spot when I was a child, by
the time it got to 10 years old it cracked the concrete in the back yard and
broke the drain, that had to go. This one has been no problem in the 20
years it has been there so far, so keeping it small seems to be working.

If this one breaks the drain then it will have to go too. A bill to fix the
drain would be annoying but not a disaster, so it is a risk I am willing to
take, the drain would go long before the roots got to the house foundations.

That may sound like a strange attitiude to some, but I am very fond of the
tree!

Earnest