Old 28-08-2003, 01:32 PM
Ray

Default Orchid Trees

Paphs are more terrestrial in nature, living in the leaf littler on the
forest floor, but the oncidium ought to do great if you can provide the
humidity and watering frequency needed for mounted plants.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"MLL" wrote in message
I have been growing orchids off and on for the last 4 years.
I recently moved to the UK and have again found My table tops and window
sills growing full.
I moved most of them to the green house but intend to move them into
the conservatory within the week.
I went for a wander and found some lovely old trees that I am cutting down
to about 6' lengths and will then arrange them in a bed of bark and rock.
I have bromeliads and ferns that I will be adding to make it look more
natural
as well as fill in the gaps.

My question is this, will the Oncidium and Paph that I have in pots with a
more earthy type medium, no not dirt, do well on the trees or
should they be more in the barky area at the base?

I will take photos of the before and after to share!

MLL