Old 28-08-2003, 02:02 PM

Default Roundup Unready

Who do you think would be funding the research to find out IF roundup is dangerous?
1. Monsanto? they do the minimal kind of testing for short term toxicity, but they
dont do the long term studies.
2. the government. nope, the gov does not do that kind of testing. they may (may)
collect stats on cancer clusters after the fact.
3. independent agencies. well now they are hired by corps to do testing, and their
income depends on who hires them... to many negatives and they lose their customers.

There is no middleman or "cut out" set up whereby the corporations come to a central
clearing house who look at what kind of testing is needed, matches them with the
independent labs that can do that kind of testing and randomly selects one to do it.
This would remove the direct economic pressure from the independent testing labs.

As was pointed out about DDT. It was not that scientists didnt want to test
properly... it was they didnt know AT THE TIME the right question to ask. Which
was: does DDT accumulate in fat? What are the consequences to migrating species
when DDT laced fats is rapidly metabolized? What are the long term consequences of
the accumulation of fat laced with DDT in the food chain?

Nobody thought to ask these questions. Scientists have learned lessons from this,
the question is do they get to apply what they learned to current pesticides or even
GMO and the answer is "no". It takes a lot of money to ask these kind of questions
and nobody wants to foot the bill. Ingrid

(Bill Oliver) wrote:
If you have a scientific article that claims to show that
Roundup is dangerous to humans when used as directed, trot
it out. Otherwise, I'll believe your bunny ears when I
see them.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com