Old 28-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Major Ursa

Default Monsanto meltdown

Lar wrote in
t:

In article ,
says...
What is marestail? Anyone have a botanical name? If it's
:equisetum, I don't ) believe it spreads by seed. Rather, it spreads
:by underground rhizomes. )

Or known as horseweed Conyza canadensis

Hmmm, here in Holland (Eur) 'Equisetum arvense' is called "Heermoes" or
"Paardestaart". The latter would translate to "Horstail" so I assumed it
to be the same thing as "marestail", also from other postings in this
group.

Equisetum does indeed spread partly underground, but also by borken
particles that root again. On my box it says that Roundup is ineffective
against Paardestaart.

Could it be that Conyza canadensis == Equisetum arvense?

Ursa..

--
Ursa (Major)/ \ *-*-* *