Old 28-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Darwin Vander Stelt

Default Roundup Unready

The dairy industry would almost certainly favor labeling of rBGH if there
was a test to ascertain its presence in milk. Without a test there's no way
to stop the cheaters, and honest dairymen get penalized. As it is, it is not
illegal for a dairy company to label its product "no rBGH used" or with
similar language. (Ben and Jerry's does this) You may thus assume that
anything not so labeled may contain it. (and so there is no deception). I
say "may" because the stuff is a PIA for most people who have tried it, and
I suspect (though I don't know this for sure) that one reason Monsanto
doesn't reveal quantities sold is its a huge bust for them. As far as I
know, on the larger dairies in the west, use has declined dramatically.
wrote in message
Northern Europeans do not pay most of their income for food and do not

permit the
kind of contamination of their food that we do in the US. Until recently

GMO were
banned, now they just MUST be labeled.
Life expectancy in Japan is significantly longer than ours and they do not

permit
contamination of their food either.
I would think it is abundantly clear (pun intended) that for our own

health and well
being food is already too cheap. The vast majority of americans dont NEED

to be able
to afford more food. This generation of obese US citizens is going to

have much
shorter life spans than slimmer citizens in other countries.
The major "technological advance" in keeping 3rd world children alive is a

3 cent
package of salts used in ERT or electrolyte replacement therapy.

All the dedicated civil servants in the world cant do squat if 1. there is

no funding
to do it, and 2. their boss is a political appointee OR, been bought and

paid for by
corporations. How the hell did we end up with an FDA regulation that

specifically
says that milk produced from cows injected with rBGH milk CANNOT be

labeled to
reflect its origin. The investigators and journalist have found a

revolving door
between the FDA and various companies like Monsanto et al. So after their

"stint" at
the FDA, the go to work for fabulous salaries at Monsanto.

LOL.. you obviously dont live in Milwaukee cause the last outbreak of

crypto a few
years ago that made 500,000 Milwaukeans sick was the result of cattle crap

runoff
into the RIVER that runs into Lake Michigan which was sucked back into the

water
supply which wasnt treated properly to kill the parasite. And the

continued problem
with untreated sewage continuing to be dumped into Lake Michigan where it

floats
south and ends up on Chicago's beaches running the coliform count wayyyyy

up.
Ingrid

"Darwin Vander Stelt" wrote:
Yea Doc, it's all a big conspiracy. That's why you pay most of your

income
for food, have a life expectancy of 40 years, and are required to bear at
least 8 children to insure survival.

To suggest that the dedicated civil
servants who staff our regulatory agencies are somehow pawns in some huge
conspiracy to make money for Monsanto is a terrible insult to many

thousands
of very dedicated scientists and civil servants who have the public good

in
mind.

We have come a long way from the days when
every feedlot was built near a stream to carry away the manure, when

every
city sewer emptied into a river,

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/